Who knows ... I may be famous someday!

Friday, June 18, 2004

Brain drain from India

I read this post on Diwaker's blog which discussed whether bright people from India are justified in moving to America. Somehow I did not agree with his conclusions and so I tried to respond to his arguments. My thoughts are available on the same page below as a comment to his post.

However, I guess Diwaker has been arguing on why people should not be forced to stay back in India while I am arguing for why people should voluntarily stay back in India. I see no harm in going abroad to further your education, expand your horizons, gain work experience in international settings etc. However, I feel that one should reserve the meat of his life, the period from late twenties to early forties to doing something that directly strengthens our nation. It is hard to measure the enormous debt one owes to the society one was brought up in. The food you ate as a child, your education, your security and your entertainment was all possible only because numerous people were actively working to make it happen. And today, when its our turn to work and make lives of other children better, we move over to America. Not correct!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur friend's blog is down or the link is incorrect!

12:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home