Who knows ... I may be famous someday!

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Longer time no see ...

Well, well, well. No updates for about two weeks. Ain't I regular! Well there were a few reasons for my absence:

-> Last week I did not feel inspired enough to post.
-> This week I was crazily busy. Hence no time to blog!

But now that I am here, let me begin from where I left off.

July Fourth Weekend:

We (Asim and I) spent the weekend in San Diego with Diwaker and Rajaji. The trip was great fun. It included many firsts for me incuding kayaking, camping, attempts to climb a mountain, cooking out in the open etc. IMHO, this kind of an adventure trip sure beats the hell out of the normal sight seeing excursions that I am used to. Extremely enjoyable, tiring and something that I would like to do again and again.

The week that followed:

Call it the July 4th Hangover, or the San Diego Hangover or heck .. just The Hangover, but something happened to me last week. I could not focus on any task at all. So Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I just killed time. Now many people find it hard to understand how can someone kill time for 4 consecutive days. I can't fault them. I myself had trouble imagining someone do that a few years ago. However, with age and maturity, I have grown into an expert, experienced and excellent executioner (killer) of time. Here's the technique I follow:
1) Wake up late
2) Do not brush your teeth - otherwise you immediately freshen up and start thinking about what to do now
3) Get laptop without rising from bed (this may require use of foresight and advanced positioning skills)
4) Check email, delete spam, curse humanity
5) Read every damn news website in the world. Wait ... leave out the Mozambique Daily and the Times of India!
6) Solve all online crosswords
7) Go off to sleep after a good day's work :-)
8) Repeat

See - anyone can do it! The weekend however was a bit more productive since I had to submit a few assignments (compilers + databases) and I worked on them. All in all, a week best forgotten.

Current week:

The contrast could not have been starker. Last week I did nothing. This week I ended up doing an entire week's worth of work in two days! Paulo had given me a job to finish by next Monday. However, due to some urgent changes in schedule, he informed me that the deadline has been preponed to this Wednesday. Oops! With assignments for both my courses looming large and this extra workload, I knew I had to kick some serious ass if I am to finish all in time. As it turned out, after a Herculean effort spread over 53 hours, I managed to get all three things wrapped up. And no I wasn't finished yet. I also read some 50 pages of the Da Vinci Code after all this! And then I slept - from ten in the night to twelve in the morning today.

That was the update guys! Have a whole bunch of other interesting thoughts to share. Will be posting them soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home