Who knows ... I may be famous someday!

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Nothing to hide

During World War II, Winston Churchill, desperate for the support of American forces, went to the US to meet President Roosevelt. The president opened the door of Churchill’s hotel room without knocking, only to find Churchill standing naked. Roosevelt withdrew apologising profusely, to which Churchill said, “Never mind, the prime minister of Great Britain has nothing to hide from the president of the USA.”

(Taken from the Hindustan Times)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Churchill was a witty guy .
heard of Churchill and GBS' witty retorts???
Bye

12:14 AM

 
Blogger Priyendra said...

Well, I am not sure which particular witty exchanges you are talking about. Also, kindly leave a name so I can know who all have been gracing my blog with their presence.

4:10 AM

 
Blogger vandy said...

The one I remember is...

Shaw sent 2 tickets of his play to Churchill with a note,'Come with a friend...if u have any.'

Churchill sent the reply, 'Today I don't have time I'll come to watch ur play tomorrow If there is any.'

12:23 AM

 
Blogger Priyendra said...

Thanks vandy for stopping by!

4:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home